Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AskaLangly
Reel Rookie

Remove a Remote from Device

I wish to remove a remote. There is no way of doing so. Unpairing the remote via Back+Home+Pair key command only unlinks the remote, not remove it from Settings. How do I go about doing that? Thanks.

20240429_142050.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remove a Remote from Device

As far as I know, you can't remove the one and only RF remote paired to a Roku device.  I'm sure @Tivoburkee knows more about this than me.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AskaLangly
Reel Rookie

So I'd have to connect another remote to remove the gaming remote, yeah? I can't just use my phone and the IR remote to do this?

0 Kudos
renojim

Not as far as I know.  What are you trying to accomplish?  Maybe there's another way.  As I said, @Tivoburkee is the remote expert.  He knows more about Roku remotes (and remotes in general) than almost anyone at Roku.

If you really, really wanted to get rid of it, you could always factory reset the TV, but I don't recommend going that far just to get rid of a remote.

Tivoburkee

No, there is no way to get the Roku device and the remote to forget each other. On device settings under Remote there forget remote option but it is useless. The device might forget the remote for a bit, but one press of the key on the remote and its back listed in the settings. These are my devices:

IMG_20220307_224752204.jpg

IMG_20220307_223700889.jpg

Edmund

Emissary35
Roku Guru

This is an absolute joke that you can't remove the remotes completely without doing a factory reset of the device. It always leaves at least one remote paired, in order to get rid of it you have to pair a different remote then you can remove the initial one. But now the second one is locked in. This is completely unacceptable.

The people at Roku are morons, the programmers need to fix this. But don't hold your breath, it won't make them any revenue so it isn't a priority. Stupid things like annoying rows added to the home screen and preset buttons on remotes is all Roku cares about since it gets them ad revenue.

0 Kudos
AskaLangly
Reel Rookie

Given that info, I could forget the device and then forget the pairing with Back+Home+Pair as a workaround, yes?

But I agree. Especially on the Roku TVs, where an infrared remote exists, you should be able to unpair/forget all paired remotes.

Well, thanks for the information.

0 Kudos