Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remotes and Devices option doesn't show up in Settings menu

@Mike457 

It's trying to pair but isn't finding a Roku that accepts wifi remotes. You will constantly try to pair until it actually finds one. Your 3700 is IR remote controllable only, no wifi remotes. A Wifi voice remote that isn't paired to a Roku or if the Roku it is paired with is unplugged from power, the remote will switch to IR commands for Roku device. Can it run down faster constantly trying to pair, yes. 

And you will never be able to program the voice remote for tv with 3700 express, sorry. I would return the voice remote, get a cheap universal remote, it will control the 3700 by IR, and the benefit of aftermarket universal remote is it will control your tv volume too. 

Something like this:

Insignia™ 5-Device Backlit Universal Remote Black NS-RMT5D21 - Best Buy

Check out the used ones for cheaper on that page. Roku code Streamer 3061. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mike457
Reel Rookie

Thank you @Tivoburkee 

Sounds like the universal remote is the best way forward in my situation. 

0 Kudos
Plummjk

I think I have this same remote, from Amazon.  It was suppose to work out of the box with the Hisense Roku tv.  It is an Infrared remote without any programming.  My 70” Hisense Roku tv is brand new and remote is brand new but I cannot get any response at all from the tv when trying to use this remote!  I can see the red infrared light on the remote when I push a button but nothing happens on the tv?  If I choose the option to add a new remote and follow the on screen instructions, the tv always says no remote found!  So does anyone know what’s going on?

help appreciated in advance!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Plummjk, post a link to the remote you bought on Amazon.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.