Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bubbanun38

Remote will not pair after factory reset

Jump to solution

Yeah I was had bought a Roku Express and it was previously owned by somebody else so I went to set up a Roku account for myself and I had to get rid of the previous account holder so I'd be able to access new apps so I did the factory reset and now the remote will not pair with the recover Express ID number so the remote is a quest remote voice remote with headphone jack. The Roku Express is a 3700x

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote will not pair after factory reset

Jump to solution

@bubbanun38, did you get the remote with the 3700?  As far as I know, the 3700 doesn't support voice remotes.  Only the Roku simple remote or universal remotes that support Roku devices will work with it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote will not pair after factory reset

Jump to solution

@bubbanun38, did you get the remote with the 3700?  As far as I know, the 3700 doesn't support voice remotes.  Only the Roku simple remote or universal remotes that support Roku devices will work with it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.