Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcyB
Binge Watcher

Remote stopped working after unplugging and replugging in the Roku stick

We got a new TV stand. To switch it with the old stand, we unplugged the Roku Streaming Stick (3600 series) (I'm not sure of the series) from the TV (not the wall, just the TV), moved everything, and plugged the Roku stick back into the TV. Now the remote will not work at all. The TV remote will turn the TV off and on, and I can change the input to and from the HDMI port. We've had the Roku stick since September 2021 and this is the first time this has ever happened.

We tried changing the remote batteries just to be sure. We checked the light on the stick and it is not red. I know it was in the same HDMI port, but still tried the other port and still nothing. The remote simply stopped working. My only support option seems to be to chat and I do not want to do that - it is too late at night to deal with how long this would take. I'm hoping someone here from the community might have an answer for me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote stopped working after unplugging and replugging in the Roku stick

Try pairing the remote again.

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MarcyB
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote stopped working after unplugging and replugging in the Roku stick

I tried pairing the remote again and it did not work. It blinked green and just kept blinking. I remembered there was a remote available on the iPad so I went there. Using that, I basically started over. It would not see the remote over and over, and then all of a sudden it did. I had to reset everything I had from before - the screensaver timer, the order of apps, and a few other things. Luckily all my apps were still there.

So I don't know what I did right but it seems to be working now. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.