Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLSL
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

@RokuAnjelie 

The other day I was reading through all the posts to see what I could do to stop my remote from skipping over channels and all kinds of issues while I was doing that and the power at my house went off and on three times so I decided not to do any of the suggestions till I knew if the power was going to stay on. Lo and behold when I turned the TV on and started using the remote it was working perfectly so I'm kind of assuming that  power on and off fixed it but I could be wrong. But I can tell you that it was not only skipping when I was trying to scroll to a certain movie or whatever on all the apps I have but if I held the down arrow down it just wouldn't stop scrolling but but now, like I said, after the power outages it seems to be working fine.

DLSL

0 Kudos
aaronhb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This squares with my experience. I pulled out the power cord from my Roku (I also pulled the HDMI cable for good measure) waited a while, plugged everything back in and it's been fine ever since. That was at least a week or ten days ago. People have talked about doing a reset and have had mixed results. I suspect that there was some kind of software update and that pulling the power and restarting was necessary.

rogaia

Jump to solution

Brand new Roku voice remote pro.

0 Kudos
rogaia

Jump to solution

No it doesn't help.

0 Kudos
rogaia

Jump to solution

So now I own two remotes that basically don't work.

rogaia

Jump to solution

Roku remote SKU#RCS01R

0 Kudos
PAR52

Jump to solution

Because this issue is do frustrating,  I use the remote feature on the Roku app on my phone.

0 Kudos
DRKelley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Simple

0 Kudos
DRKelley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What do I do?

0 Kudos
DRKelley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I guess there is no help available!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.