Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allicat16

Remote replacement for 32s301-w

I have a tcl Roku tv and lost my remote when I moved if I order one will it work for the 32s301-w model ? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote replacement for 32s301-w

Only the Roku Voice Remotes work with Roku TVs.  Otherwise you have to get one from the TV's manufacturer (which isn't Roku) or get a universal remote that supports Roku TVs and not just Roku players.

Accessories | Roku Player, Streaming Stick, Smart TV & Audio Accessories | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote replacement for 32s301-w

@Allicat16-

Remotes that come with Roku TVs are supplied by the TV manufacturers, not Roku.

All Roku TVs will support any of the Roku "Voice Remotes".  You may be able to find these locally at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc, or of course at online sources like Amazon, eBay, and from Roku itself. These are point-anywhere remotes that connect to the TV via WiFi-direct, and must be paired to the TV to enable them to communicate.

Remotes supplied with Roku TVs connect by infrared (IR) and are relatively inexpensive.  (Remotes for Roku DEVICES use a different IR command set than Roku TVs, so IR remotes for Roku devices won't control Roku TVs.) Roku TV remotes "just work" without being paired to the Roku TV.  You may be able to find them locally at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc, or of course at online sources like Amazon and eBay, but not from Roku.  Roku TV remotes from any Roku TV manufacturer or from third party suppliers largely use the same stanfard set of IR commands and are interchangeable for use on Roku TVs from other manufacturers*. 

• * NOTE: Remotes from HiSense and Sharp can only be used with HiSense and Sharp Roku TVs because they issue a different set of IR commands than the rest of the Roku TV manufacturers.  The Roku TVs from HiSense and Sharp themselves, though, support both sets of IR commands so they can be used with remotes from any Roku TV manufacturer. 

Thanks to @Tivoburkee for the above info.

There are also generic third party remotes for Roku TVs, just be sure they are for Roku TVs, not Roku streaming devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X