Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katibird
Reel Rookie

Remote only works if I stand right near device

My ROKU receiver is model 3920X. It is not voice operated and is about 6-7 years old. Of late I have to stand closer and closer to the receiver for the remote to work. It is not a battery issue; I have changed them over and over.  I would like to order a new remote but this seems to be discontinued. It is the one that has Netflix, Disney, Hulu, and Apple buttons on the front. I ordered a wrong one that was not a complete match!

I am wondering if the devices just die after several years and I need to buy a whole new one, even though it means I must rekey all the channels. Thoughts on this?

Again, I can only get the remote to talk to the device if I stand like two feet away from it now. It was four feet just last week. 

I don't get the Power error. Fixed that by buying a new power cord (micro USB with line into wall). 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote only works if I stand right near device

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @katibird!

We highly appreciate you reaching out for support and for being with us for years. We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

Please be informed that the Roku Players (simple) Remote works well with your Roku Premiere. However, we can't modify or request the shortcut channel buttons, such as Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, and Apple, that come with this remote. 

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.