Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote not working out of the box

@Hopeinal wrote:

Thanks but it’s not after market and actually as it turns out the remote isn’t the problem. I tried it on my living room TV with Roku Express and it worked fine. So at this point it seems that I need to make sure the TV and the remote are on the same Wi-Fi address or whatever and I have no idea how to do that. It isn’t recognizing the streaming stick at all. 

You said you have Roku stick? A stick has built-in hdmi connector and doesn't respond to IR remote unlike your express that does. A true Roku Stick only accepts WIFI Roku remotes like the one I linked to. Once you get a hold of working Wifi remote it won't work straight away, you will have to pair to the Stick. And it will only work with one Roku at a time. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hopeinal
Binge Watcher

Thank you but the stick worked fine with the old remote until I moved it and the TV into another room. Same stick. Same TV. Same remote.  

0 Kudos
Hopeinal
Binge Watcher

I don’t see a link?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Clink the link:

Amazon.com: Roku Voice Remote (Official) for Roku Players, Roku TVs and Roku Audio : Electronics

What is model of the Roku Stick? If its 3810, 3820, or 3821 the remote communicates with usb cable with bump in it, you can't just use any usb cable. It has to be the one supplied with Stick. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hopeinal
Binge Watcher

The link took me to the exact same remote I just bought from Amazon. I took a screen shot showing I purchased it on the 20th of this month but don’t see how to post it. So it’s definite not the remote.

I appreciate your trying to help me but I really believe it isn’t recognizing the device, namely the stick, because it isn’t using the same IP address or Wi-Fi or whatever as the remote. I don’t know how to fix that.

0 Kudos