Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plipper32
Reel Rookie

Remote needs constant pairing

I needs to reboot my remote and Roku every few hours and go back into pairing mode. My remote works fine for an hour then nothing, it won’t control tv or Roku. I have an extra Roku and remote and changed them and I still have the same issue. This just popped up out of nowhere after a few years. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Testtesttest
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote needs constant pairing

test

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Plipper32

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

In addition, have you tried running the steps on this link to get your remote back up and running? How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Plipper32
Reel Rookie

My Roku remote works for a few hours and then I need to unplug the unit take the batteries out of the remote and pair it again. It works fine for several hours and it happens again. I have used two different Rokus and two different remotes and the same thing happens. It worked in the same location with the same tv for years without an issue.  

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Plipper32

Thanks for the follow-up.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll be able to pass along your information to our Support team to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos