Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
breesa44

Remote is draining batteries in 1-3 days

At first my remote did not have this issue, but now the batteries drain in 1-3 days. I made sure it was plugged into the wall, did a reset and re-paired the remote...still having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote is draining batteries in 1-3 days

Hey! @breesa44,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing. We're pleased to assist.

• What device are you using right now?
  • What type of remote are you using right now?
  • How long have you been using this remote?
  • Can you please check if the battery is inserted in the remote properly?
  • Do you have extra batteries or new batteries?

To update the remote firmware, you must perform a device restart. This can be achieved by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart

Once your remote has updated to the latest firmware, please test the remote for the next week and monitor the battery usage. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or if this is still an issue.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
breesa44

Re: Remote is draining batteries in 1-3 days

I am currently using the Roku Express 4K+ | Roku Streaming Device 4K/HDR, Roku Voice Remote, Free & Live TV. I've only been using since this summer...I've tried a variety of batteries but they all die within a day. I think I did that reset but will try again...just getting tired of replacing the batteries...currently just take them out each time after I use it. -- I have the same device on another tv but it isn't happening. 

0 Kudos