Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruth8
Reel Rookie

Remote has no power even after replacing batteries

Jump to solution

Bought 3 Roku Express 4k+ remotes from best buy last year. Remote in bedroom died. Replaced batteries, still nothing. Swapped with less used one and got bedroom back up. Using roku app in other room to bypass remote.  Outside of replacing batteries,  rebooting device, did I just end up buying a bad remote? Does Roku back there remotes or is this a manufacturer issue?

I chatted with support with less than an optimal experience.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote has no power even after replacing batteries

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @Ruth8.

In this case, I would be more than happy to help you find the best resolution so you can utilize your Roku remote again. I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement.

Additionaly, I will reach out to you via Private Message to gather further personal information. 

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. This app is a free application for iOS® and Android devices that turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player or your Roku TV. The app's Remote feature allows you to control your Roku device with your mobile device. 

You may also visit this support article for additional details about how to control your Roku® streaming device using the Roku mobile app.

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Ruth8!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about the issues you've encountered with your Roku remote and we'd be happy to help you find the best resolution possible. 

Before proceeding, what is the serial number of the Roku device to which this remote was paired? Is this the remote that came with the device, or was this purchased separately? We also appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken to resolve the issue and use the Roku mobile app as an alternative. 

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ruth8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Carly,

Thanks for the reply. I bought 3 Roku Express 4K+ packages from Best Buy last year. The Serial # on base is 3941X2. The remote shows RC-GZ1.

The other 2 remotes are still working. Button to left of power button lights up on the other 2 remotes but does not on the failing remote.  I've rebooted base and it currently works with both roku app and now I've setup with an old myharmony universal remote that recognized model 3941X2.

Seems like its just died. Not sure if I could get a replacement from Roku or if there is some other suggestion.

Thanks for any suggestion on how to proceed,

Ruth

(I have tried to post this twice and have been kicked out)

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @Ruth8.

In this case, I would be more than happy to help you find the best resolution so you can utilize your Roku remote again. I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement.

Additionaly, I will reach out to you via Private Message to gather further personal information. 

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. This app is a free application for iOS® and Android devices that turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player or your Roku TV. The app's Remote feature allows you to control your Roku device with your mobile device. 

You may also visit this support article for additional details about how to control your Roku® streaming device using the Roku mobile app.

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ruth8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Carly,    Sent you the details on creating a ticket. Don't think there is anything to bring the remote back to life.  I have multiple work arounds in the meantime. 

Much Appreciated,

Ruth

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you, @Ruth8.

I'd be happy to check your message. For future assistance, feel free to reach out or create a new post for different concerns. We'd be more than happy to help.

You may also visit the official Roku Support page for additional details and steps to help you troubleshoot.

Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly 

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.