Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lorna12365

Remote draining batteries and now Roku won't connect to wireless network

The batteries in my remote were draining faster than ever. I found something here on the site that said  I should reset remote to factory. I did. Then I had to create everything over again.  And I think that's the problem. I have 3 Rokus all under the same account.  Now this Roku is NOT connected to that account. And it won't stay connected to wifi. 

All my Rokus are Express 4K+ and all have voice remotes.  How do I fix this?

I know my router and wifi are good because I work from home and am using wireless now.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote draining batteries. I reset remote. Roku now disconnecting from WiFi.

Hi @lorna12365,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your remote draining fast. Thank you also for taking such excellent troubleshooting steps.

Here are some troubleshooting steps to set up your Roku device and pair your voice remote:

Please keep us posted on what you find out!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.