Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markusdb1
Reel Rookie

Remote battery will not charge beyond 49%

I’ve had Roku Ultra for a couple of weeks. I got the onscreen battery indicator and charged the battery. Not long after (a day maybe) I got the onscreen indicator again. I thought it hadn’t been long enough to require another charge so maybe I hadn’t let it charge long enough. This time I plugged it in, left it a couple of hours and checked under settings to see where the battery charge was at. It was at 49% so I let it charge about 4 more hours. When I checked again it was still at 49% charged. Does this sound like a bad battery? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote battery will not charge beyond 49%

Hi @Markusdb1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku remote since it will not charge beyond forty-nine percent. We're happy to help. Please try to use a different charging cable and see if the problem still persists.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.