Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CocoP
Reel Rookie

Remote Still Will not Pair After Using Troubleshooting

I purchased my roku 4k stick yesterday (20 Jul 2022) and everything went great during setup. Today I was watching a movie on Netflix and all of sudden my screen froze and it said I lost wifi connection. Every other device connected to my wifi worked perfectly. I attempted to use the remote to check the connection to roku and nothing happened. I got through the remote reset steps of taking out the batteries, etc. It doesn't re-pair. I unplugged the 4k stick and took out the batteries, it still didn't work. I reset 4k and take out batteries and turn off wifi, now the remote only works the tv. Please help!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Remote Still Will not Pair After Using Troubleshooting

Sounds like you have a defective Remote.

@Tivoburkee knows a lot about remotes of any kind, so he may help you in this situation. 
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If you're having trouble with both the Internet and the Remote with Roku 4k stick, it's probably the Long-Range Wireless Receiver that's the problem, not the remote itself. Are you still using the original usb cable with the bump in it? That is what the remote and internet communicate with, not the stick itself. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
CocoP
Reel Rookie

Yes, I just purchased it yesterday. I'm using everything that came with it.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Then it might be bad long-range receiver, you should exchange it or list your SN and wait for help from Moderator. 

@RokuDanny-R 

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
atc98092

Because of your original comment about the Stick losing the WiFi connection, I fear it's the Roku itself, not the remote, that's the problem. Perhaps the USB receiver cable that @Tivoburkee mentioned. Since it's brand new, I suggest returning it to where you bought it and get a replacement. Make sure you do a factory reset before returning it, so your personal info is removed from the device. 

Unfortunately, sometimes electronic devices slip through quality control on the assembly line, or a defective part didn't actually break until the device was put into service. I had an Insignia Roku TV that broke the first day. Best Buy gave me a new one, and it's worked fine for more than 5 years. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
CocoP
Reel Rookie

Okay I will try to return tomorrow! Thank you guys!

0 Kudos