Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walt704
Reel Rookie

Remote Left arrow requires extreme pressure to work.

I have 2 Roku Premiere 4k units that are around 5 years old. Recently both remotes have developed the same issue.  The left arrow button requires extreme pressure to respond. This seems to be a mechanical issue and nothing configuration related. I find it interesting that BOTH units developed the same problem at around the same time.  Can this be fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote Left arrow requires extreme pressure to work.

Remote buttons do wear out.  You can try taking it apart and cleaning it, but the buttons may be damaged beyond repair.  Other than that, it may be time for a new remote.  Any of the current remotes (other than the one specifically for Roku TVs) will work with your Roku device(s).

Accessories | Roku Player, Streaming Stick, Smart TV & Audio Accessories | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote Left arrow requires extreme pressure to work.

I used to rejuvenate DirecTV remotes whose keys were becoming unresponsive by taking them apart and renewing the electrical conductivity of the contact points below each key on the rubber-like keypad.  I used conductive paint sold to repair auto windshield painted-on defogging traces.  In a pinch I could even rub a bunch of pencil lead on a piece of paper and transfer that to the contact pads. 

The tricky part is getting the case apart in the first place without damaging it.  You can probably find help with this on YouTube.

Or if that's too much trouble, replacement IR remotes aren't too costly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.