Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Remote Control notification with battery keeps popping up (REPORT DATE 4.02.2024)

Sorry but that response is a joke, it's the same nonsensical response I've gotten time and time again over the years when I complained about annoying battery pop ups. This is not a device specific problem. It's a malfunction in the remote software causing battery warning pop ups all the time, even when the batteries are fully charged or mostly charged.

So collecting our serial numbers won't do anything, there isn't anything wrong with one specific Roku or remote, it's system wide because this issue has been going on for years. The solution is simple, remove these pop ups from the software completely because we do not need them! Or at the very least give us an option to fully disable battery notifications in the remote settings!

This is only like the 50th time I've suggested this going back to at least 2019! But keep ignoring this solution Roku, because it would actually work if you cared to fix it! I got the annoying pop up yesterday 30 minutes into a film when I hadn't touched my remote since I pressed play, telling me my battery is 100%.

What is the point of that?? Fix this!

0 Kudos
Krammatt
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote Control notification with battery keeps popping up (REPORT DATE 4.02.2024)

I feel your pain. I have 3 Express 4K+ devices they all began doing the same thing after a few months of non use in a second home. Nothing has helped so far. Has to be software/firmware issue but Roku seems tone deaf. 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Krammatt,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having issues with your Roku remote. We appreciate the precise details you have provided as well as the troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to fix the issue.

Rest assured, we'll flag this concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. To help the team better assess this issue, would you mind providing us with the following details?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gegert
Reel Rookie

AT: RokuJanadeeK

can you provide a link to obtain a RGA #?

thanks

gegert

ps: Roku has received the information you requested already.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the follow-up, @gegert.

Rest assured, we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. Should an update be available for this concern, we'll promptly let this thread know.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

@RokuJanadeeK

The "appropriate Roku team" has had the opportunity to "review and further investigate" this issue for several years, because this remote battery pop up malfunction has been going on for that long. After all of the complaints nothing has been done at all to resolve the issue. Just the same type of responses and assurances that you just gave, it is not encouraging at all.

I've said it so many times, the solution is simple. Update the Roku software so that these battery pop up notifications are completely removed. Or give us an option in the remote settings to completely disable them so we never have to see them. I personally don't see any advantage to the TV screen getting bombarded with battery warnings, people are smart enough to change or charge their batteries when button presses no longer work. That's when you know your batteries are dying or dead!

People did it this way for decades before internet connected devices with paired remotes started adding battery pop ups into the software. And with Roku it's much worse because the pop ups malfunction, they routinely pop up when you are in the middle of watching a program even if you haven't touched the remote for 30 minutes or longer. They routinely pop up telling you the battery is mostly full or completely full, which is beyond ridiculous.

This problem is an extreme annoyance! When is Roku going to get serious about this issue and fix it? We don't need or want the pop ups from the remote, get them out of there once and for all! Roku has had more than enough time to resolve this, but all we get are continued false promises and platitudes from the moderators.

0 Kudos
Krammatt
Binge Watcher

Model 3941X-Roku Express 4K+
s/n X01600817YLU

version 12.5.5 build 4174-CR

GC version 11.2.23

issue ID LU-136-562

0 Kudos
Krammatt
Binge Watcher

I am not sure what you need

0 Kudos
gegert
Reel Rookie

since i'm communicating with AI, here is information requested by roku for troubling shooting remote control product defect.

issue report tracker

model: 4800x -  roku ultra

serial number: x0100065h11x (s02a2175h11x

software version: 12.5.5  build 4174-c2

gc version: 12.2.23

timestamp: 2024-04-05t14:09:16z

and

a rga # is requested

thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the following details, @Krammatt and @gegert.

Rest assured, we have forwarded the specific details of your affected devices to our Roku engineers for further investigation. Once an update is available we'll promptly keep this thread updated.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated in the meantime.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos