Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KeilorNB

Re items no longer tells TV to change Source to Roku, when any button on Roku Remote is pressed

4K Stick is 2 weeks old. When I first used it I could be watching  TV from my Satellite, and if I pressed any button on the Roku remote, my TV would change Source and switch over to Roku. It has stopped doing that. Chat support suggests it’s an update issue at their end, but I don’t see any communique from Roku about this. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Re items no longer tells TV to change Source to Roku, when any button on Roku Remote is pressed

If you've verified that HDMI-CEC is enabled on both the TV and the Roku (1-touch-play is the Roku setting) then look in your TV menu for some wording roughly similar to "refresh network".  Once in a while a TV seems to loose track of the HDMI-CEC devices attached to it.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.