Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

RC880 vs RCB1R- is there a difference?

Jump to solution

I was expecting an RCB1r Voice Remote Pro version 2. Backlit, Guide button, programmable quick launch, longer lasting battery.  Far exceeds the specs of the RC917 (never fully charges or holds a charge) or the RC795 (bad buttons).

Let me clarify, this is not a complaint. It is a question. 
Nobody at ROKU tech support could answer the question. 

What I received is an RC880, not RCB1r.  The RC880 is backlit, has a guide button, programmable quick launch, and clearly a longer lasting battery. It looks and feels like an RCB1r, voice remote pro version 2. 

So the question is: what is the difference between the RC880 and RCB1r?

The supervisor I spoke to did not seem to know there exists an RC880, but I am looking at it on my About screen. 
If I knew how to attach a picture. I would. 
Does the community know the difference between an RCB1r and RC880?

I think I am learning enough about ROKU products that I can join the tech support team!

FranklinJ

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: RC880 vs RCB1R- is there a difference?

Jump to solution

All Roku remotes have two model numbers, the one in on-screen graphics is always different from the model number on the Remote itself. My remote has RC880 in the on-screen graphics, where it has model RC-0S1 on the back of the remote. There might be a different voice pro 2 remote with different discrete channel keys than mine, it will still have RC-0S1 on the back, but the model number on the on-screen graphics will change. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

All Roku remotes have two model numbers, the one in on-screen graphics is always different from the model number on the Remote itself. My remote has RC880 in the on-screen graphics, where it has model RC-0S1 on the back of the remote. There might be a different voice pro 2 remote with different discrete channel keys than mine, it will still have RC-0S1 on the back, but the model number on the on-screen graphics will change. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ticket 9676055 
Vidhya called and verified that although the screen said I had an RC880, in fact I do have an RCB1r. There are regional differences based on the 4 pre-programmed buttons.  My new  RC880/RCB1r remote works perfectly, and Vidhya was very kind in thoroughly explaining why there are two different model numbers.

10/10 points to Vidhya! And 10/10 points to Sathish for putting it all together. They define the words customer service and customer satisfaction!  Thank you all!
0 Kudos
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Vidhya called and verified that although the screen said I had an RC880, in fact I do have an RCB1r. There are regional differences based on the 4 pre-programmed buttons.  My new  RC880-RCB1r remote works perfectly, and Vidhya was very kind in thoroughly explaining why there are two different model numbers.

10-10 points to Vidhya! And 10-10 points to Sathish for putting it all together. They define the words customer service and customer satisfaction!  Thank you all!
0 Kudos