Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Idkidwk
Reel Rookie

Quick launch is no longer a quick launch.

Why would they change this to be forced into a list of apps? Its not even a simple one press button anymore its so dumb, at least give people a choice on if they want the original quick launch instead of forcing it onto everyone- the stupid button is why i bought the remote in the first place. 

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Quick launch is no longer a quick launch.

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Idkidwk!

Your feedback is extremely important to us as we continuously work to enhance and improve your Roku experience. We appreciate you reporting this to us. 

For reference, this is how the new quick launch button will appear on TVs. The first two tiles represent the updated versions of personalized shortcuts. The added benefit is that you no longer have to memorize what the 1 and 2 buttons correspond to.

To learn more about the Quick Launch feature, including which players support it, check out our helpful article here: Quick Launch Feature Article.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Idkidwk
Reel Rookie

Im thinking of just returning my remote at this point though because I literally wanted the two buttons that i chose to be set to specific apps. There’s barely any issues related to not being able to remember what is set to them, not to mention that the remote i got only had one quick launch button anyways. I don’t like this being changed without at the very least an option of it being a menu or just launching a specific app… quickly..

Emissary35
Roku Guru

"The added benefit is that you no longer have to memorize what the 1 and 2 buttons correspond to."

That's ridiculous, people can easily remember what 1 and 2 are for so that is NOT a benefit! But nice one trying to put a positive spin on this failure!

This is why the original shortcut buttons on the older remotes were better. Roku redesigned and took them away, added only a single button and now it pops up junk on your screen you have to scroll through in order to do what you want.

That is NOT a quick launch! It should be one button press and it takes you to the app like the old programmable buttons did.

This is just another example of the programmers at Roku overthinking things and taking something that was more useful and made it less so, programmers really do lack common sense it's incredible.

Removing the headphone jack was another major downgrade!

It blows my mind that anyone would even want this 'new and improved' remote.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.