Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MKramer
Reel Rookie

Programming learning buttond

Jump to solution

Is there a way to program the power and volume buttons without the original TV remote and no pairing button?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Programming learning buttond

Jump to solution

Unless you're using a roku tv remote, if a roku remote doesn't have pairing button in the battery compartment it doesn't have tv control keys like power and volume. And no roku remote is a learning remote. What's the name and model number of the roku, and whats model number of the roku remote? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Unless you're using a roku tv remote, if a roku remote doesn't have pairing button in the battery compartment it doesn't have tv control keys like power and volume. And no roku remote is a learning remote. What's the name and model number of the roku, and whats model number of the roku remote? 

Edmund

0 Kudos
MKramer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Amaz247 IR learning remote. It works the roku but the directions say to place near the original tv remote while pressing power while the roku remote is in learning mode. I dont have the original tv remote though

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

That's an aftermarket universal remote, it isn't a true roku remote. You don't have any other remotes in the house that might have tv codes programmed into it? You will need a remote to teach from, it doesn't have to be original tv remote, a cheap universal remote from the dollar store or target will probably give you tv commands you need to teach the learning remote. 

Edmund

0 Kudos