Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkeaton1967
Reel Rookie

Programming remote for Desobry, on the box it says both Evatost - eVatmaster

Jump to solution

I bought a TV on Amazon.  The brand on the Amazon website is Desobry, on the box it says both Evatost and eVatmaster on the box.

Has anyone set up this TV brand successfully with a Roku Remote?  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Programming remote for Desobry, on the box it says both Evatost - eVatmaster

Jump to solution

Sorry but all my searches for all three brands came up empty. 😞 If you want to help yourself and others going forward, buy aftermarket universal remote with code search feature, and a way to blink back the code you might have found. Then take the code and search all tv brands in the universal manual that have the same code listed. Then test the tv brand's code in the Roku remote. UEI universal remotes have the biggest library of code known and have code search & blink back features. Like this:

Insignia™ 3-Device Universal Remote Black NS-RMT3D21 - Best Buy

Check the open box on that page cheaper bargains. 

Or ebay for Onn 6 universal remote:

Onn. R113663 for sale | eBay

Not the one with purple cursor pad. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
mkeaton1967
Reel Rookie

Re: Programming remote for Desobry, on the box it says both Evatost - eVatmaster

Jump to solution

That answer doesn’t make sense…???

Roku voice remotes are specifically designed to operate both the Roku Player and the television itself. 

There are numerous posts in this thread about tips and tricks for compatibility. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@mkeaton1967, if anyone knows what different brands to try it would be @Tivoburkee .  Hopefully he'll spot this and chime in.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Sorry but all my searches for all three brands came up empty. 😞 If you want to help yourself and others going forward, buy aftermarket universal remote with code search feature, and a way to blink back the code you might have found. Then take the code and search all tv brands in the universal manual that have the same code listed. Then test the tv brand's code in the Roku remote. UEI universal remotes have the biggest library of code known and have code search & blink back features. Like this:

Insignia™ 3-Device Universal Remote Black NS-RMT3D21 - Best Buy

Check the open box on that page cheaper bargains. 

Or ebay for Onn 6 universal remote:

Onn. R113663 for sale | eBay

Not the one with purple cursor pad. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
mkeaton1967
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good solution, and a great project for the next rainy day weekend. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.