Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tinkertoo

Power only mode password required to turn off LG TV

I have an LG oled tv and a few months ago when I power off the tv I get this screen asking for a 4 digit password. The screen says Enter Password to use the Power-Only Mode. The only way I can turn off the tv is by using the LG remote. Baffled on What to do! I want to power off the tv with the Roku remote.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Power only mode password required to turn off LG TV

Hi @Tinkertoo,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about using your Roku remote to power off your LG TV.

We want to investigate this issue you're experiencing further. Can you please provide the following information?

• What Roku device are you using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)
  • How are you powering your Roku device? Is it directly plugged into the wall outlet or a power strip?
  • Have you tried switching HDMI outputs at the back of your TV to see if that fixes the problem?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Power only mode password required to turn off LG TV

I searched for "Power-Only Mode" and got many links about LG TVs.  For example, one said it came up with he used the volume control on his Apple TV.  Others weren’t specific about how it happened, but I didn’t happen across any posts mentioning Roku.  One poster said you need a “service remote” to deal with that screen.  As such, I think it’s an “LG thing” and you’d be better off asking in an LG forum.

The only other “generic” suggestion I could make is that maybe re-setting up the remote for the TV and selecting a different LG code might avoid the issue/feature.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.