Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dorrit
Channel Surfer

Overnight 2 remotes no longer affecting the roku though shown as paired.

My 4660x2 roku device has 3 remotes paired, been working fine, this morning two of them that have batteries would no control the roku.  The other is one that charges on usb no replaceable batteries is still controlling the roku, thankfully.  But why would the other two shown as paired suddenly at the same time no longer work?

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Overnight 2 remotes no longer affecting the roku though shown as paired.

I can't answer the question, but sometimes all you have to do is pull out a battery for a few seconds and put it back in to get it to reconnect.  If that doesn't work, try pairing them again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dorrit,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for flagging us about this. Could you tell us how long you have been using this remote? Have you tried repairing it and putting in some fresh batteries to see if that helps?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dorrit
Channel Surfer

I've used both remotes for years with no problem.  The first thing I did was exactly what was suggested, changed to new batteries and tried repairing and neither would pair again after at least 5 or 6 tries.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

The 4660 original remotes didn't have tv IR on board, if it controlled your tv it was by hdmi-cec. Refresh the cec devices in your tv settings, if it doesn't have that feature, unplug both roku and tv from the power for bit, then power it back up then let it communicate with each other. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos