Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiY
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to request free HDMI extender for Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

Cannot order the hdmi extender using windows 10 and firefox.  The screen just stops after all info is entered. I copied the serial number directly from my account, so zero and oh confusion not an issue. Furthermore, the same screen stops using android.  The extender request page just does not work

https://my.roku.com/hdmi

0 Kudos
jbcope

Free HDMI Extender page still not working (SEP 29 2021)

Jump to solution

The "Continue" button does not work on the order page for the free HDMI extender. I see that this was a problem in June. Is there a solution?

0 Kudos
Gene4
Channel Surfer

Re: Free HDMI Extender page still not working (SEP 29 2021)

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  Have filled out the form many times, using different browsers and different machines.  Made sure everything was filled in correctly, but when I click "Continue" nothing happens.  From prior posts, it seems this has been going on for months...

Contacted tech support by email and got no response.   Called tech support on phone and was told there is NO Free HDMI Extender!  Excuse me???  

Has anyone with this problem ever actually gotten the promised HDMI Extender, and if so, HOW?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gene4, Roku doesn't really have any "tech support" phone number (only billing and set up issues), so there's a good chance you weren't speaking to Roku.

I've tried the site multiple times (including just now) using real information and bogus information and the Continue button always does something, so it doesn't seem to be universal, although I've seen plenty of complaints here.

I would first make sure you really have a stick (no HDMI cable necessary) and you're using the serial number that shows under Settings->System->About or shows at https://my.roku.com under "Linked devices" (which may not match what's on the stick).  If it still doesn't work, @RokuKariza-D or @RokuDanny-R can probably help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Macdell @DiY

Thanks for the posts.

Where are you currently located? If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gene4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

thank you, @renojim .  I am definitely using streaming stick, plugs directlly into HDMI port of TV - a very tight space, which is why the hdmi extender would be helpful. I am using serial number on my Roku profile, Linked devices - which is not what's on the box.  Weird, but whatever.   Have filled out the Free HDMI Extender request form any number of times, using different computers and different browsers.  I don't doubt that the website may work for some, but it sure doesn't work for me, and I see others with this issue at least as far back as last May. 

So, when you say to contact  @RokuKariza-D or @RokuDanny-R  for help, do you mean through this forum?  In fact, have I just contacted them, by mentioning their names?  Or do I need to do something more to get to them?  If so, what?

Thanks for your suggestions.  

0 Kudos
mitch5713

Re: Free HDMI extender can’t order

Jump to solution

The form will not allow me to order my exender after all is filled in properly it just sets there and does nothing. 

THanks

0 Kudos
DiY
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The serial number is YH00AM960075, the device ID is 21513A960075.

The TV is free-standing, not on wall or in a cabinet.

The extender may help with the overheating issue that appears on the screen from time to time.

Located in Arlington, VA USA

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Free HDMI extender can’t order

Jump to solution

@mitch5713

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DiY

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos