Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milwbassplayer
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote Volume Control Raise/Lower levels won't stop - keep going to max or 0

@ghouston , It's almost like they want me to stop using Roku and start telling people it's a **bleep** product . For weeks if not months this volume issue has been a thing, and you are correct in wondering why the same information keeps getting asked for instead of just rolling back update to a time when nobody was bit**ing about it. I'm not gonna give it much longer before I just throw all devices in trash and go another route

0 Kudos
chall3809
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote Volume Control Raise/Lower levels won't stop - keep going to max or 0

Yes, issue is still occurring.  Is there an update available?

Thanks

0 Kudos
fatjack
Reel Rookie

Danny,

I have not posted here before, but today is Dec.13, 2022 and I have been having the exact same issue as all the other people who have complained about. No, the volume issue is NOT fixed.........!!! I have the ROKU Ultra device, and it didn't seem to have any problems until recently. Please don't ask for a list of details..........obviously this is a widespread issue and needs to be fixed. FYI..................

Rick K.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we believe this issue should be resolved, if you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us with the following updated information so we can further investigate the issue you are experiencing:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • how is the Roku device connected? are there any external audio devices being used in your home setup
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ghouston
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 

Please be aware that we believe this issue should be resolved”

In what way? Since when? What was resolved? This thread is full of people still saying this is happening. It happened to me just yesterday.

Can we get another community representative in here? You’re very clearly ignoring the things people are saying and just asking for the same information that’s already been provided many times. And you just randomly state, more than once now, that “this issue is resolved”, when it clearly isn’t. 

0 Kudos
fatjack
Reel Rookie

I totally agree ! ROKU has MORE than enough information about this issue already! And I'm not going through the long list of "steps" asking for detailed information on my specific equipment. Just get the right engineering/development people at ROKU on this! 

FatJack  

0 Kudos
ghouston
Binge Watcher

I’m all for giving the right information to diagnose an issue. It’s very important for resolving software defects.

But in this case; this information has been given many times over, they’ve said “the issue is resolved” twice now when it hasn’t been, and we keep getting the same canned responses from @RokuDanny-R instead of an actual discussion of the issue. 

We need better representation for this issue from Roku, because it’s obviously not getting the attention it requires.

0 Kudos
donb
Roku Guru

The issue is not resolved.  The software version did not even bump.  I have long since sent the requested information.

0 Kudos
ghouston
Binge Watcher

@donb 

Have you noticed that sometimes your remote won't even acknowledge a volume command? Or, it will turn the volume up/down and then when you press the volume button on the remote, nothing happens at all?

EDIT: Also, yeah, it's "resolved" without any sort of client-side update following a client-side update that caused this issue. This is becoming a joke.

0 Kudos
fatjack
Reel Rookie

Yes, I've had both scenarios happen...............sometimes the volume button won't work at all (up or down); and sometimes it jumps all the way to max volume. And sometimes the ROKU remote stops working altogether! But I did discover a way to get around it. I simply remove the batteries and re-insert them. Remote starts working again. Kind of like "restarting" a computer that's acting up. So try this tip until Roku gets a solution (??). FYI...............thanks.

FatJack

0 Kudos