Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sm64
Channel Surfer

Re: Controlling Audio Level with Roku Remote with Denon Av Receiver and Projector

Well I fixed it found platform secret menu and made some obvious changes and it's fixed  crazy they hide this stuff 

sgtcage1971
Binge Watcher

Re: Controlling Audio Level with Roku Remote with Denon Av Receiver and Projector

Can you share?

0 Kudos
sm64
Channel Surfer

You'll have to search for code on internet but I went to rf menu then ir transmit menu. Enabled quering AVRS instead of tvs, I then went universal cec menu use cec instead of ir and you can then test it in that menu

sgtcage1971
Binge Watcher

IT WORKED!!!  Thank you so much!!  I will sleep well tonight. Lol

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@sgtcage1971and @sm64 , I think they don't want the secret menus discussed here because they're not officially supported and any "features" you find there can disappear at any time.  So... just be aware in case that happens.  What they should do is move those features to the Settings menu, but this is Roku we're talking about.  They really need an "Expert's" section within Settings with some kind of strongly worded warning, but I suppose non-"experts" would get in over their heads and then come here and cry and complain.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
sgtcage1971
Binge Watcher

Renojim, I totally get it but you are right, they need to make those settings available in the main menu. There is no reason why those settings would default or change because of an update. It is very frustrating!  Thank you for your 2 cents, I completely agree with you and your thoughts on this.  

0 Kudos
mal7887

I was having this same issue with Onkyo receiver, I've always controlled Onkyo volume via Roku Remote over CEC. Update to 11.5 broke this. I adjusted settings in hidden menu and it's now working again. Not sure why they would turn off a feature so many people use.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@sgtcage1971

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sgtcage1971
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R Thank you but I already got it fixed thanks to another person having the same issues on this thread. There were settings in the secret menu that changed after the update that we needed to reverse.  I am not sure why that would happen after an update but that may need to be addressed for future updates. Thanks!

0 Kudos
VistaGreen
Reel Rookie

Today, 10/19/22, Remote Lost Ability to Mute / Control Volume

Roku Model 4800X, Samsung with Denon A/V.  I've been using the Roku remote to control volume and mute, worked fine for a long time until today.  Didn't use the Roku remote to power on or off, used a different remote for that.  Noticed the last Roku update was today at 1052 AM, Software 11.5.0, Build 4225.  No longer able to control volume and mute.  Apparently, the Roku update impacted my system.   

0 Kudos