Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S2Srini
Reel Rookie

Re: No headphone jack on the Roku Remote Pro 2nd Edition

Jump to solution

Oh. But an FYI - this feature does not exist on the Roku Stick. I tried connecting bluetooth headphones directly to Stick but it only lets you connect remotes to the stick, and not the headphones.

The headphone jack was beautifully placed to work with all kinds of Roku devices.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Only some Roku devices and some TVs made by Roku themselves support Bluetooth headphones:

How to use Bluetooth headphones for private listening on your Roku streaming device | Official Roku ...

The Voice Remote Pro with the headphone jack is still available:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-voice-remote-pro

If I needed the headphone jack, I'd gladly give up any of the new features of the 2nd edition of the VRP.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
FranklinJ
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I pair two Bluetooth headsets with my Roku Ultra - one is over the ear headphones and the other is bone conduction. They pair great with the Ultra, but not with my TCL.

regarding a public network, or a highly filtered private network, both solutions work great with my Roku Ultra. If I get video packets, I can also Bluetooth the sound. 
for those on a hardened network, you may not get full access to your phone and Roku app. So filtering sound through your phone Bluetooth may not work.  I’ve experienced that problem with the TCL, which does not allow easy headphone Bluetooth access.  I’m am working on ways to “trick” the TCL, which may include an external audio to Bluetooth interface. 

0 Kudos
Justy74
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

They say the easy fix is to use phone app to use headphones.. Have you owned a s23 s24 ultra phone? Guess what.. no headphone jacks in these phones either. The voice pro 2 remote was taking two steps back.

FranklinJ
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

M

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Justy74, don't they support USB-C headphones?  My Z Flip doesn't have a headphone jack, but it came with headphones.  Sounds great!

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Best suggestion is avoid the Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition. No headphone jack and doesn't have the two direct shortcut buttons. But a single button that pops up a menu. If your TV or device comes with this remote you should contact Roku and see if you can send it back for the 1st Edition remote, or better yet a remote that takes normal batteries.

The issues with the rechargeable remotes losing charge fast or not wanting to charge at all are really annoying. I wish Roku would bring back the older Gaming Remotes because I still have a couple of those that came with my 2017 Roku Ultra 4660 and they are so much more reliable than all of the newer remotes in my opinion and they have the headphone jack.

0 Kudos
xenon2000
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is insane. So not only does the Pro 2nd Edition NOT have a wired headphone jack, it REQUIRES the Roku mobile app to do the pairing? Please tell me that at least the mobile app is no longer needed after you have completed the pairing step.

I am also sad that both the Pro 1st and 2nd edition remotes are rechargeable instead of removeable batteries. I am already using high capacity rechargeable removeable batteries in my 2022 Roku Ultra remote and it's nice to just put already-charged batteries in the remote and move on with life instead of having to plug in the remote and wait. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@xenon2000 

You do not need the cellphone app to pair Roku remote with Roku device. Newer remotes or old. You can use cellphone app to give access to headphones that the 2nd gen pro remote is missing.

The recent discontinued Roku Streambar Pro and all the true Roku branded Roku tv's released last year all came with headphone jack remotes that takes AA batteries. The newer 2024 Roku tvs come with rechargeable remotes. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Jane44

Jump to solution

I complained that there were no lights on my Utra Pro remote, so now the new one is backlit, but the headphone jack is gone. Bring it back!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.