Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kayak1

New backlit pro remote missinf feature

Jump to solution

Very disappointed that you can't plug headphones in the new remote.  For the newest remote it should have that feature.  I watch TV after my husband goes to bed and like that feature.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New backlit pro remote missinf feature

Jump to solution

Hi @Kayak1,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we greatly value your feedback about the Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition.

The headphone jack has been removed so the remote could have a slimmer profile and increased battery life. Although the Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition does not have a headphone jack, you can still use our Roku Mobile App to enjoy private listening.

You can connect your headphones/earphones to the Roku Mobile App's headphone mode and enjoy a private streaming experience. Please see our dedicated help post for complete instructions on how to use headphones with the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode:

How to use headphones with the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode

We hope that's helpful, Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kayak1,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we greatly value your feedback about the Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition.

The headphone jack has been removed so the remote could have a slimmer profile and increased battery life. Although the Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition does not have a headphone jack, you can still use our Roku Mobile App to enjoy private listening.

You can connect your headphones/earphones to the Roku Mobile App's headphone mode and enjoy a private streaming experience. Please see our dedicated help post for complete instructions on how to use headphones with the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode:

How to use headphones with the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode

We hope that's helpful, Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fasha
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Kayak1 

I know this is kind of an old post, but I don't know of any newer cell phones that still have a headphone jack either, and they did away with them because of Bluetooth and/or wireless headphones. Same thing with the new Roku backlit remote... check out the Quick Launch button for info

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Fasha 

I actually switched over to Umidigi phones in order to retain the 3mm jack since I previously had to use older phones with older Android versions or root them in order to install newer versions when I could.

With bluetooth earbuds, one more thing to keep track of and recharge.

But you are correct, the trend has been for the larger cell phone manufacturers to move away from physical connections.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution
Hi, @Fasha Thank you for informing us!

We genuinely appreciate customers like you who share their feedback. Please rest assured that we will forward this to the relevant team. We wanted to let you know that removing the headphone jack actually improves the battery life of the Roku remote.

You can still use Headphone Mode with your Roku device by utilizing our Roku Voice Remote Pro or by using the Roku mobile app in headphone mode.

Note: Before you start, make sure your wired headphones or Bluetooth headphones are plugged into your mobile device or paired and connected.

Here's how to activate Headphone Mode:
  1. Open the Roku mobile app
  2. Tap Remote from the navigation bar
  3. Tap the Headphone icon to activate Headphone Mode
Once Headphone Mode is activated, adjust the volume to a comfortable level and put on your headphones. When you want to deactivate Headphone Mode, tap the Headphone icon again. If you have wired headphones, you can activate and deactivate Headphone Mode by plugging in and unplugging your headphones when the Roku mobile app is already open.

We strive to ensure that our customers enjoy the best possible streaming experience. Your feedback will be promptly forwarded to our team for consideration.

Best regards,
Jharra
Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fasha
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuJharra-Q 

I was replying to the OP, but I suppose one has to manually tag them since the reply button doesn't do what it should. So, you misunderstood... I already know everything you mentioned, which is why I was pointing the OP in that direction to discover how to pair bluetooth headphones/earbuds, etc.

Thanks anyway.

p.s btw, it's unclear why you're mentioning the Roku mobile app, when the OP was inquiring about the new  backlit remote.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.