Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Roku voice remotes do not work with unupdated Roku sticks 3600x/3810x?

Jump to solution

The 3810 and 3811 sticks both came with two-piece usb cable, one part is the long-range receiver that the wifi remote and internet communicate with, the second part of the cable is usb extender. A standard usb cable will power the Stick, but no remote or internet will work without that cable. 

The newer 3820 and 3821 4k Streamer Sticks come with similar cable, except its a one piece, and uses micro-usb end instead of the mini-b usb your stick uses. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
inorwich
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry, I just updated my messages. I do have that extra piece. Neither the voice pro or regular voice remotes will pair with my reset roku. Attached is a picture of my TV screen.IMG_7964.jpg

0 Kudos
inorwich
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok I got the Pro remote to work. I was on customer support chat and am writing down what worked finally:

1. Unplug the Roku streaming stick+ 3811X from the HDMI port

2. Unplug the power cord from the streaming stick

3. Re-plug in the streaming stick to ANOTHER HDMI port (mine was just right below)

4. Go to my TV remote and press the input button to change to the right input

5. Wait until the Roku appeared on and then on my Voice Remote Pro I held down the pair button for 5 seconds

Then it worked! So it seems that the customer support person on the phone was wrong that the Pro remote doesn't work with the 3811X. Now I have a Voice remote to return... ugh.

I spoke too soon: the Pro remote has somehow unpaired. It will work with my TV (change the volume, etc) but it won't scroll up and down the Roku Home menu. This happened the other day too.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@inorwich

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing an issue with pairing your Voice Remote Pro, can you please provide us with the serial number/device ID of the Roku device that you are trying to pair the remote with?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
inorwich
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Thanks for following up. I've created my own post here with a detailed accounting of all the issues and what I've done to try fix them here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Wi-Fi-connectivity/Roku-Streaming-Stick-and-Voice-Remote-Pro-Issues/m-....

I will update that post with the serial number

0 Kudos
DECampbell
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 2 enhanced remotes to replace the remote the dog ate. Neither will pair successfully...!!?? Seems to pair then gets stuck at language selection screen, NO BUTTONS WORK.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DECampbell

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to help you with the issue you are experiencing. Can you please provide the serial numbers/device IDs on your Roku devices? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DECampbell
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model: 3800x

SN:CT37A1535736

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DECampbell

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator