Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constanza

New Roku remote not responding

I have just bought a Roku Express 4+ and just opened it from the box. I have tried anything but it seems that the remote is broken or something, so I can't even set up the Roku on my TV or anything. Just a waste of money because it says one year of guarantee but I don't even know who to contact in order to change the remote or the whole product

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Roku remote not responding

@Constanza, you might want to start here:

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

If you still can't get it to work, return it to where you got it.  If that was Roku, try this:

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku remote not responding

Hi @Constanza,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku remote. We're happy to help. Please try to press and hold the pairing button at the back of your Roku remote for 5 seconds by removing the battery cover, but if the pairing button is not at the back of your Roku remote, you can press and hold at the same time the back and home buttons for 5 seconds until the green light blinks.

If the problem still persists, you can also check out this support article on how to set up your Roku voice remote.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos