Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Remote Voice Pro dropped support for my TV

@renojim wrote:

I don't think it's been mentioned, but I assume the TV doesn't support CEC or Anylink+ as Samsung calls it.  

FWIW, my 2012 vintage Samsung UN55ES6100 is still my main living room TV after 12 years of nearly constant use.  Samsung's Anynet+ is enabled on it.  But the Roku CEC test via Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > √ {Your current remote} > Set up remote for TV control > CEC setup  fails so I cannot control the TV power/volume/mute functions over CEC commands sent over the HDMI connection.  I was really hoping this would work so I wouldn't have to point the remote at the TV for these functions.

All of the Voice Remotes I've paired to the set HAVE, however, been able to find the right command set to control these functions via IR.  This includes two Voice Remote Pros, models RC701 and RC795.

This is with the Ultra 4800 I'm currently using on this set, and was the same with the Streaming Stick 4k+ 3821 I used there before.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
IdiotBastard
Binge Watcher

Re: New Remote Voice Pro dropped support for my TV

Indeed it does support CEC and I tried it.  Still no good.

0 Kudos