Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DasoundMAn

My remote stopped turning on and off my TV and my A/V receiver after update.

Hello, 

I have a LG C3 4K TV and a Roku Ultra. Just last night after an update. My remote stopped turning on and off my TV and A/V receiver. It was working great before the update. I checked all my settings on my TV. Everything was enabled. I use CEC to talk with my devices. I made sure that everything is connected properly. 

When I go to set-up my remote using the CEC, it tells me do you hear the music I say yes, then I go to the next one. it ask me if I can still hear the music, I say yes, then it say's "we could not set-up your remote to your LG TV." it worked great a couple days ago. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My remote stopped turning on and off my TV and my A/V receiver after update.

Thank you for joining us here in the Roku Community, @DasoundMAn!

We appreciate you letting us know about being unable to set up the CEC settings on your Roku remote. We're here to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you.

Before proceeding, can you please let us know your current software version? You can check it under Settings > System > About

In the meantime, let's try to reset your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. Pair it again to see if this will help you set up CEC successfully.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.