Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gwillie11
Reel Rookie

Re: My Roku tv keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

This is a problem that I am having only it is confined to the Xfinity app.  None of the other apps react this way and the remote works properly.  I've looked for a resolution from Xfinity and they're useless.  I'm hoping that I can find something here but it's not looking good.

0 Kudos
StevenA730
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The following solution is from pixco in the Roku Community:

"Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes. Next, select your remote and proceed to “Set up remote for TV control”. The process should return an acknowledgement.

Followed by a Roku unit reset by power removal and 45 sec wait to repower."

The channel guides on Pluto, Tubi, and the Roku Channel kept scrolling for 2-5 lines.

The scrolling never affected YouTube TV.

I have had a Roku Express 4K+ for 6 months.

The remote is working fine now. Thank you pixco.

0 Kudos
Perry2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The remote that came with my Old TV was jammed. A button was stuck. I took the batteries out and now my new Roku works great on my old Vizio. My of Vizio is not a Smart TV.

Problem is solved.

co

0 Kudos
lohphat
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You can't take the batteries out of a remote pro, it's recharged via a USB cable.

THe scrolling problem still persists for those of us with Streaming Sticks and rechargeable Remote Pros.

0 Kudos
moonJUSTmoon
Reel Rookie

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

Jump to solution

Same here ... I tried to search for a movie ... it showed the movie as one of the selections it brought up, but would not stop on it so I could select it. It kept jumping ahead or back to the beginning ... very annoying ... it felt like there was some algorithm "pushing" what it had been programmed to push and ignoring my requests.  

0 Kudos
moonJUSTmoon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was in PHILO through Roku ... was doing it ... Verizon Internet service. 

0 Kudos
gwillie11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This fix appears to have worked for me.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Reuwer42

Jump to solution

I have installed 4 brand new batteries; still keeps scrolling; I have pressed the reset button, no change still scrolling no matter which site I go to:  Tubi; Pluto; etc.  Do I need to unplug that thing which is attached to my TV; wait a few minutes and try again?? I am 80 years old and don't know how to fix stuff. Son-in-law set it up for me but he can't come and try to help me fix it. When it was working I enjoyed it so much.  If I bought a new one (remote) would that fix it?? or is it the thing attached to my TV where the problem is?? I need help, please, I would appreciate it so much.  Thank You.

0 Kudos
StevenA730
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Reuwer42,

You can first try unplugging your Roku device from the wall for about 15 seconds, then plug back in.

If that does not work, you can try a System Restart. 

Press the Home button.

Then arrow down to Settings. Then arrow right.

Then arrow down to System. Then arrow right.

Then arrow down to Power. Then arrow right.

Then arrow down to System Restart.

Then right arrow to Restart. Then hit the OK button.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
StevenA730
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Reuwer42,

Here is another solution that I saw in the Roku Community

The following solution is from pixco in the Roku Community:

"Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes. Next, select your remote and proceed to “Set up remote for TV control”. The process should return an acknowledgement.

Followed by a Roku unit reset by unplugging the power cord and 45 sec wait to repower."