Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lohphat
Streaming Star

Re: My Roku tv keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

My RC701 remote has the new firmware and it's STILL happening. rtn.4228

It's mostly happening with the power button I can see the tv LED flash constantly even after I release the power button.

If I do nothing the TV turns off again becasue the IR is STILL sending the power code. 

To get around it I have to hit another button quickly to stop it sending.

This manifests itself other times by "Sticking" while scrolling.  I have to hit another key to stop the scrolling.

This is getting old.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@lohphat, obviously the button is sticking.  Take the remote apart and clean it or get a new remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
lohphat
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

What do you know about "obviously"?

You're not experiencing the issue in person- and I can tell the difference of a stuck button or not.

The problem is in the firmware as the scrolling issue can happen randomly.

It's not just happening to me but to my clients across a dozen Rokus.  It all started about the same time as the firmware changes happened.

Move along.

zodu

Jump to solution

Mine's doing the exact same thing! Just started yesterday (June 11). It works through the app, but the remote hasn't changed with new batteries, or a reset of the device.

I'd love to hear if you've found a solution to this! 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @zodu,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you have encountered. We would like to help you find out what's going on with your Roku device. Could you confirm to us if you're still experiencing the issue if you remove the batteries? If not, the issue would lay with the remote itself. In this case, we would recommend replacing the remote.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dmcarthu4

Jump to solution

My Roku Express began uncontrollable "sliding" from icon to icon and from search letters / numbers to the next one. I bought a cheap aftermarket remote on the chance that one of the keys was permanently depressed. No dice! It didn't help at all.

Last night I bought a brand new Roku Express unit. It was delivered this morning and i immediately installed it and put the batteries in the remote. IT ALLOWED ME TO SELECT ENGLISH - that's all. I next tried to sign on and the uncontrollable scrolling/drifting started up right away.

Do you have a solution that isn't what I've done?

David

pixco

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra w/voice remote just started registering delays and brief stuck scrolling today. 

The following worked for me;

Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes. Next, select your remote and proceed to “Set up remote for TV control”. The process should return an acknowledgement.

Followed by a Roku unit reset by power removal and 45 sec wait to repower.

Hope this helps.

Timsluck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to stop this by pushing the side button on the Roku unit then find remote will sound on the remote, then pull the power cord out of the back of the Roku unit, reinstall power cord.  Done. 

0 Kudos
DECampbell
Channel Surfer

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

Jump to solution

ALL 5 Of MY DEVICES & EVERY APP, ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME ISSUE, THE ERATIC SCROLLING!!!! IT IS NOT  NOT A DEVICE ISSUE , IT IS A ROKU SERVER OR FIRMWARE ISSUE!!! IT ALL STARTED ABOUT A WEEK AGO...

lohphat
Streaming Star

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

Jump to solution

It's a remote firmware bug.  I can see the IR LED is "spamming" when the power button is first pressed to turn on the TV -- the Roku itself hasn't even received enough power to boot yet.  It's not the Roku, it's the Roku remote.

0 Kudos