Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New2roq
Reel Rookie

Lost remote in move and dont know which remote to buy

Jump to solution

While moving we lost the remote to my 4k+ device. I do not recall the old wifi information, but may possibly be able to find it. Nonetheless, I would like to purchase a new remote to use. Is this going to be able to control my device on this new wifi? Which remote do I have to buy? It's confusing to me as to which I need. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lost remote in move and dont know which remote to buy

Jump to solution

Thanks for the confirmation, @New2roq.

In addition to what our Roku streaming expert provided above, we highly suggest purchasing a Roku Voice Remote which works well with your Roku Express 4K+.

This remote also works well with your Roku Express 4K+:

• Roku Voice Remote Pro This remote control is rechargeable, so you won't have to search for batteries. You can use voice commands to control your streaming from a distance, and there's a feature to help you find a lost remote. There's also a headphone jack, allowing you to listen without disturbing others, and shortcut buttons for quick access to your favorite channels.
  • Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition): This is our newest rechargeable Roku remote. It features backlit buttons, making it easier to navigate in low-light conditions, ideal for movie nights. Plus, it has 50% more rechargeable battery life than the Voice Remote Pro, with USB-C charging that typically lasts three months per charge. It also includes a quick launch button for easy access to live TV, favorite apps, and settings like closed captioning.

I hope you find this information helpful!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@New2roq -

If your "4k+ device" is a Roku Streaming Stick model (male HDMI plug at one end) it requires a Roku Voice Remote. It can use any of the 3 available Voice Remote models. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
New2roq
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes it plugs into my hdmi port

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the confirmation, @New2roq.

In addition to what our Roku streaming expert provided above, we highly suggest purchasing a Roku Voice Remote which works well with your Roku Express 4K+.

This remote also works well with your Roku Express 4K+:

• Roku Voice Remote Pro This remote control is rechargeable, so you won't have to search for batteries. You can use voice commands to control your streaming from a distance, and there's a feature to help you find a lost remote. There's also a headphone jack, allowing you to listen without disturbing others, and shortcut buttons for quick access to your favorite channels.
  • Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition): This is our newest rechargeable Roku remote. It features backlit buttons, making it easier to navigate in low-light conditions, ideal for movie nights. Plus, it has 50% more rechargeable battery life than the Voice Remote Pro, with USB-C charging that typically lasts three months per charge. It also includes a quick launch button for easy access to live TV, favorite apps, and settings like closed captioning.

I hope you find this information helpful!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
New2roq
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so so so much!!! I appreciate the quick replies and the form opportunity to seek help thru this forum. Keep up the great work!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.