Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Optikat
Reel Rookie

Is there a ROKU remote that has a number keypad rather than streaming services app hotkeys?

Training people to transition from coaxial cable to streaming services using ROKU as the interface works great except the hotkeys for specific streaming services like Apple TV, Netflix, Disney+ and Discovery+.

Those buttons are useless unless you subscribe to those services. It is much easier to have people hit the Home button to change streaming services.  In fact, more often the stream channels hotkeys, are hit accidentally, and it disrupts viewing while users restart their stream and channel.

Is there any version of the ROKU Ultra remote that has a numeric keypad instead of the hotkeys?

That would be especially useful if they could be matched via setup choice to match a streaming service like Directv Streaming whereby users could go directly to the channel they wish instead of browsing every time they want to Change channels.

This allows them to operate like the cable service for streaming and makes the transition seamless.

I'd be willing to pay more for such a remote.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is there a ROKU remote that has a number keypad rather than streaming services app hotkeys?

Sorry, but no. An aftermarket universal remote made by UEI would give access to numeral commands for the Roku Ultra. But it only would work on the Roku live channel or guide. No other apps work with numeral commands at this time. The 0-9 keys on UEI remote would have to be entered via 5-digit advanced code initially for each digit. But once they're mapped it will just work like normal as if they were preset via setup code in the universal remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.