Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ROkooFlix
Streaming Star

Re: If you could add ONE feature to your Roku remote, what would it be?

I've never felt the need for backlighting on Roku remotes due to their minimalistic design.  However, the backlighting on the Roku Voice Remote Pro v2 is implemented very well, it's clever how it illuminates when picking up the remote.  Nice touch Roku!

Me personally, I have no use for a numeric keypad that would just complicate the elegant simplicity of the remote especially when you can just push the [MIC] button and speak the channel number.  Having the volume and mute buttons on the side of the remote is a joy for me, it makes them easy to find without looking at the remote.  In fact adding a [Previous Channel] or assignable button to the opposite side would be a welcome location to add a button.

I was on the fence about the new remotes [GUIDE] and [LAUNCH] buttons replacing the assignable [1] and [2] buttons as we use them for quick access to two app/channels.  The way they function though was well thought out, you can still retain quick access to two app/channels.  Upon pushing the [LAUNCH] button you'll notice the two left positions on the launch pop up are assignable so that's where we put the desired app/channels.  The [GUIDE] button is a bonus when watching LIVE TV. don't push it while viewing a program stream though as it'll take you out of the app/channel you were streaming.  Removing the headphone jack is not missed with today's bluetooth headphone options. 

Member Since ‎07-09-2008
0 Kudos
Nedi

Provide a way to turn off the backlight feature on the newest remote.

TheBrat
Binge Watcher

I disagree about the volume & mute buttons being on the side. I like having them there so I can "feel" for the volume controls. If you have them in the face of the remote, the remote would need to be bigger cuz we have those lame channel buttons on the bottom of remote (mine has Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV and Paramount+). Those are absolutely not necessary especially if you don't have or use those TV apps. 

TheBrat
Binge Watcher

I'd like the usual 4 movie/TV apps at the bottom of remotes gone entirely! They don't need to be there especially for those of us that don't use or have those apps on our TVs. I accidentally hit them all the time and it takes me out of whatever app I'm watching/using to one of these apps on the remotes. There's currently only 1 of 4 apps on the remote that I use the most that I subscribe to and that's Netflix (others are: Disney+, Apple TV & Paramount+). 

I'd really like NUMBERS again in my remote! I miss them, I get so irritated scrolling to get to the channel I want. I have Sling TV that doesn't use numbers but others do like my Antenna, The Roku Channel, Pluto TV, etc. I miss numbers darn it all!! 

TheBrat
Binge Watcher

NUMBERS!!! So tired of scrolling and then it gets stuck for a few minutes or I have to literally unplug my Roku tv just to get it working again.

Get rid of the VERY LAME Apps on the bottom of the remote! Most of the time, I don't even have the Apps the buttons are for, most I will never get like Apple TV (only bc I don't want to pay thru Google Pay or Apple Pay). Right now I only have Netflix which I'll be cancelling soon and the others like Disney+ or Paramount+, I probably won't get. Isn't that what you have the Home Screen or Voice Control for? 

FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

I’d like a flashlight 🔦 built in, if there is enough battery power. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

I did not know there was a sleep timer. 

0 Kudos
ROkooFlix
Streaming Star

Our household likes the general size of Roku remotes, direct channel buttons and Roku's overall minimal approach to their remotes (all assignable direct channel buttons would be welcome though). We love that there is no numeric keypad, (numeric keypads on remotes are so BlackBerry 😉).  Volume and mute on the side is also nice, easy to find without looking.  ymmv

Roku's elegant voice remotes is actually one of the reasons we recently switched from using a Roku Ultra w/traditional HD television over to the new Roku TV Pro Series when replacing the older HD 1080p 3D television in our living room.  In the living room we're down to two remotes now; the all in one Roku Voice Remote Pro v2 and a stand alone remote for the 4K BluRay Player and couldn't be happier.  No more fumbling between remotes for routine daily viewing (a mix of OTA & Streaming), it's not often we fire up the shiny disc player anymore.

The Roku Ultra went to a guest bedroom with a traditional HD television and the other household sets are TCL/Roku, one is now running a v2 Voice Remote Pro and the other a v1 Voice Remote Pro.  Currently the v2 Voice Remote Pro is a little wonky on the TCL/Roku television running Roku OS 12.5.5.  Hopefully that will smooth out when the next Roku OS update rolls out to include TCL/Roku televisions.

Member Since ‎07-09-2008
bigskyken

Weatherproofing for damp, humid areas and accidental drops in the hot tub!

0 Kudos
ROkooFlix
Streaming Star

IMG_5021.jpeg

Member Since ‎07-09-2008