Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BGKYMH
Channel Surfer

Also having intermittent volume/power issues.

Jump to solution

Model: 4802X Software version: 11.5 build 4312-C2

I started having the same remote control IR issues as others have reported. I believe it started with the last software update. Hopefully Roku is working on a new update that will correct this problem. I encourage everyone experiencing this issue to post a report. 

Donna-1

Re: Also having intermittent volume/power issues.

Jump to solution

Me too.  The volume and mute buttons (I don't use my voice option) will not work unless I have my remote plugged into the charger.  Even though it is already fully charged.

Like you, I am hoping this is something they can address with an update, and not a mechanical issue.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: IR Stops working Intermittently.

Jump to solution

@BAW wrote:

@makaiguy- Please take my above posts into consideration when trying to reproduce the issue. I'd be willing to bet it's firmware on the RC701 remote.

I can't reproduce the issue here.  I'm paired to a fairly old Samsung TV.  This is the most-used set in this house, with nearly constant daily use.  Control of its Power, Volume, and Mute functions via IR with my Voice Remote Pro has never faltered. 

Remote: RC701  
Remote Firmware: rtn.4186

Roku Model: Streaming Stick 4K+, 3821X  
Roku Software Version: 11.5.0, Build 4235-CU

Television: Samsung UN55ES6100, purchased 2012

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
SMonty
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Additional testing i did was similar to what others have posted.  I am having this issue with 2 remotes and they are both Voice Remote Pro Model:RC795, Firmware: rtn.4186.

I then added an extra Voice Remote Model: RC786 Firmware: rtn.4186, and it has not failed me yet. The two remotes sit side by side.  When the "Pro" stops working to control volume and on/off, I just pick up the other one and it works fine.  Definitely the "Pro" that appears to be the issue right now.

0 Kudos
montel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same problems - the volume and mute buttons will not work (I don't use the voice option much)  - This happens once the remote is set down and has been sitting for a few minutes...it sometimes recovers or works.

Model: 4802X

Software: 11.5.0.4312

wannaknow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Add me to the list of Remote Pro's with the intermittent problem....I have to first use my battery remote & then the Remote Pro will work for a while....

Its enough to tear your hair...🤔...

BAW
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I guess the million dollar question is how to get someone from Roku to see this thread, and try to reproduce it, and find a fix?

😕

SMonty
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have five devices. Three use the Voice Remote Pro. ALL THREE HAVE THIS ISSUE!  The other two Voice Remotes (not Pro) work fine so far. 
Roku support gave ma a RMA number to return the newest one. They received it on the 12th and I have not even received a confirmation from them until I spent nearly an hour on the Support Chat. They finally acknowledged getting it, but no word on when the replacement will be sent. Even though it was a pain, at least the box worked. Now I’m into the second week with one TV down. Very frustrating! I will move a unit from a less used TV until they get around to replacing the one that was returned. 
not the support I was expecting from Roku. 

Stratmanpa55
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 2 streaming sticks that both have the voice command feature and both started having this issue just this past week. Sometimes if I turn the mike on and off it works for a minute or so, then the volume/mute buttons seem to go to sleep. Also if I use the TV remote then switch to the ROKU remote it works briefly and then goes to sleep again.

ROKU software support, are you paying attention?  THIS NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED ASAP!!!! 

0 Kudos
Salt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here. 4802X box. Everything worked fine for many months but the remote recently started having intermittent problems with volume, mute, and on/off. Other buttons work fine. Remote: RC795 with firmware rtn.4186.

0 Kudos