Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ac9
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries. ME TOO!!!

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

Thanks! Is the question does the remote that comes with new soundbar support private listening or is the question is someone using the private listening feature. If the latter, no.

The remote drains batteries in a matter of days, not months.

Model 9101x
R650A1811539 (device id)

Serial # YL0010811539

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ac9

Appreciate the prompt response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Redirishboy
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries.

Jump to solution

I so far just using the Remote hasn’t drained the batteries on regular use. However I did have the Dead/Draining batteries issue using the Headphones with the Remote! On regular remote use it’s fine. But plug in the assigned Headphones for private hearing the batteries drained like crazy. I switched to I know good batteries and again they drained rapidly. I no longer use the Headphones with the Remote and batteries are still going strong. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello! I just bought a new Roku 6 series TV and already the remote has gone through two pairs of batteries and the third is at 55%. I updated the firmware when i started the TV so the software should be current but it still drains the batteries quickly. Here are the details of the TV

Model A113X

TCL model 55R635

Serial number: X003001VPM6Y

Software 10.0.2 build 4246-88

Device ID: S05EY06VPM6Y

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @mralleman2002

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to their support team to report the issue and for further help.

You can contact TCL Support here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
caladia

Jump to solution

My Roku remote drains its battery in a matter of hours. My serial number is YH0066255204, model 3810X.  Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@caladia

Thanks for the post and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue I have had to change batteries in this remote now three times in one month. And i make sure to power it off each time, and batteries are still being drained. 

serial number 

x00400pt4tvg

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Allyson7292

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries. ME TOO!!! Me Me Me

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D

I have 2 Roku Ultra units that both drain batteries like crazy. Never use the headphone jacks, have attempted to clean out the 3.5 mm headphone receivers on both remotes to no avail. I have made adjustments to my Wi-Fi router by changing channels and going from 40 MHz to 20 MHz and no changes in battery drains. 

Roku Ultra #1

S/N:YJ009K221729

Model: 4660RW

Roku Ultra #2

S/N: YJ00GF318524

Model: 4660RW

0 Kudos