Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssLn0527

How to stop my Roku remote from continuously draining batteries

I have a Roku stream bar and I have done the system restart and I am still having to change the batteries weekly. Any solutions for this issue?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
EscapeMan
Reel Rookie

Re: How to stop my Roku remote from continuously draining batteries

I have the same problem. Doesn't matter what brand or type batteries I put in it, they last about a month or less.

0 Kudos
GeneR
Binge Watcher

so far there's been no support offered by ROKU. They appear to have addressed the issue by supplying a rechargeable remote with the current systems. 

If they were more customer oriented they could at least offer the new remote at a discount to the affected customers. IF!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with your remotes.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device that you are experiencing an issue with the remote from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GeneR
Binge Watcher

Danny,

I wasn't able to find a SN in the "ABOUT" section.

What is there is:

Model - RC506

FW version - rtn.4186

MAC Addr - 84:EA:ED:FA:D6:3A

Keep us posted. If there's anything I can do for instance testing please let me know.

Gene

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@GeneR

Thanks for the follow up.

As notated in my previous post, can you please provide the serial number of the Roku device that you are experiencing remote battery drain with? You can find this information by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GeneR
Binge Watcher

In reply to this request and a later e-mail from you:

My ROKU model is a 4800X - ROKU Ultra

SN is: X01000M7LUSW

SW version: 11.5.0 Build 4312-C2

Danny, This is an old and continuing problem and one that ROKU has acknowledged exists. Look at the initial thread and see how many customers just gave up trying to get help from ROKU!

I was sent a replacement remote and it also exhibited low battery issues. No additional attempts to address the issue were made by ROKU support. The problem appears to be related to the use of a wired headset plugged into the remote.

Apparently, ROKU is now supplying rechargeable remotes with newer systems, in effect, admitting the problem and and addressing it. In the process, leaving us with a pile of spent batteries or having to purchase rechargeable batteries to swap in every two weeks. 

I'm sorry, but not surprised that you're closing the thread.

Other than the battery issue we like the two ROKU devices that we currently use.

Thanks for the ear! 

Gene

0 Kudos
RF48
Reel Rookie

The two AA batteries in my Roku remote drain way too fast. There is no serial number in the remote. It is model RC-AL4 with a SKU 32260000304. The serial number of my Roku Ultra model 4660X2 is CS489A975953. This doesn't seem like it should be such a widespread problem. Please fix it.

0 Kudos
CDT

Serial numbers for my two remotes:

YH003U682346

YH00F3686095

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@GeneR and @CDT

Thanks for the reply. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there. 
We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos