Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
w00k

Roku’s volume goes up by itself.

Same thing happening here. Started roughly 1 month ago.  Running Roku streaming stick 3811x.  Software version 11.5.0 build 4312-50.   Sony TV (XBR65X850H) is connected to a Sonos Playbar via optical cable.

I've been running this same set up for over a year without any issues. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
SoCal811

Re: Roku’s volume goes up by itself.

Same issue here.   It happens on YoutubeTV and associated apps (Paramount+, etc).   I bought another and set it up and it happened again on the first use of the new remote.  Something is clearly wrong 

0 Kudos
Meta
Reel Rookie

Mine is now a paper weight.  My Tv can use the same apps, without any volume issues.  Roku was handy, but unnecessary.  Already canceled all subscriptions through roku, and will manage them through the TV itself.  the LG TV, a C2 -Evo, the apps for it, have smart resume to fast forward through commercials, on some channels, not all.   which in itself makes it a keeper.  Sorry roku, bye-bye.   

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • brand and model TV you are using
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos