Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schus101
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku stick overheating

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, thanks for the quick reply. When I input all my information on the page (and I have double-checked the serial number) and then go to click 'Continue' nothing happens. There is no error message, but the page doesn't respond. I have tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. Thanks

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@schus101

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
schus101
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Interesting, the serial number on that screen is different than the one on the back of the stick. Maybe that was the problem?

Serial number: YH007D204390

0 Kudos
schus101
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried the other serial number, and I'm still having the same issue. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, @schus101

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jries99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with my streaming stick and trying to get the free HDMI extender. Tried different browsers. Tried the serial number from the stick, as well as the one listed in settings. I press submit, and nothing happens. Can you help? Thanks.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jries99

We're here to help!

When inputting the serial number, we would suggest making sure to put zeros instead of the letter O. If still no luck, reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku stick for further assistance.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jries99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi!

Still no luck. Here's the serial number from system info:

YH0075902612

And the number from the stick itself:

Justin

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jries99

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Zhills2020
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As of today October 17, 20121 nobody has contacted me to solve the Roku stick overheating.  If you don't help me to correct this problem I might have to write a a message on the social network platforms about the louso servicing from Roku.

0 Kudos