Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote constantly stops working, even with fresh batteries

Jump to solution

@Chevy852020 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 (4200) is an older Roku device that is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out.

If you need a replacement remote, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anakua
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have the same problem. We've only owned the Roku remote a short time and have had to replace the batteries 4 times. It stops working COMPLETELY and SUDDENLY without warning. (We turn the lights on, run to get new batteries, replace them, then scroll back to where we were in our movie which has been continuing all the while.)

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Anakua 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
geno2u
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks but I was already sent a replacement remote from Roku. And to be honest there is very little improvement. The new on freezes up just like the old one and still changes the Roku box to one of the preset channels at random. If I pull the battery cover off and pull one end of one battery  out and stick it back in , it works again for a while. Looks like the end of life for the Roku era.

Thanks Roku for trying anyway.

Eugene

0 Kudos
Curious_1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I thought that my neighbors remote was affecting my roku player but since I have read your post I realized that was not what was happening. My roku player keeps going to the Hulu preset but if I push the Hulu preset button it doesn't go to it because I don't have the app. The weird part is I don't believe the problem has anything to do with the remotes I have noticed that my roku player along with others have been having the same issues pretty much since they did the software update when this question was first posted.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you have a Hulu button that doesn't do anything then something's wrong with the button.  If you don't have Hulu installed and you press the button I'm pretty sure it should offer to install Hulu.  What do you mean by it "keeps going to the Hulu preset"?  Try pulling up on that button.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Milam98
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Are y’all going to fix these aggravating remotes or not?! This **bleep** has been going on for a while now and it’s REALLY getting old!!!

Ive already sent all the information you  ask for.

KRey70
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

...ditto on last post (info sent via PM on 12/4). Please help.

BSbutler82

Jump to solution

Same issue here... will a new remote fix this issue or am i just stuck with having to use my phone as a remote or get a new streaming stick? 

0 Kudos
geno2u
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was sent a new remote by Roku which I am grateful for but it is just as bad as with the original remote I got with the Roku Ultra. I think we are beating the wrong horse here because I replaced the Roku Ultra with my old Roku 3 and every thing is back to normal again working fine. The remote that came with the Ultra and the replacement work fine with the Roku 3. The Ultra is a $99 paper weight. I think Roku got in over their head.