Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shah_vishwa
Reel Rookie

Roku streaming stick+ | Requires AAA batteries every 2-3 weeks

Jump to solution

I bought Roku Streaming stick+ device in October 2020. I have noticed that it requires new AAA batteries every 2-3 weeks. Do you know if this is an issue? or I need to change a setting somewhere to avoid this issue? Thank you! 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

@ACEO @shah_vishwa 

Thanks for the posts.

As I have previous stated, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a private message (PM), visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SuzieB1
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku streaming stick+ | Requires AAA batteries every 2-3 weeks

Jump to solution

Yes - It's an issue!  I got mine Nov. 30 and have replaced batteries 3 times so far.  Good luck getting help, though they *will* keep asking you for the serial number, remote serial number, what brand of batteries, eye color, hair color, and other irrelevant information.   See posts above for promises.

shah_vishwa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny! 
I have already PM’d you with all the information you requested. 
thank you! 

ACEO
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So frustrating. Every single post is let me know your email and serial #! Why not share how to fix the F'ing problem? Class Action anyone....sure smells like one!

SuzieB1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Smells the same to me.

Holycownow

Jump to solution

The PM is not finding DannyR. Exactly how do I get a message to Danny. 
I have the same battery draining issue. The remote batteries drain in a matter of days. 

bretr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Try sending to rokudanny-r.

0 Kudos
SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@joemama2,

I chatted with Roku Customer Service again today. A supervisor told me the replacement remotes are out of stock until February 16, 2021. The problem is they are not a newer version that fixes the battery drain problem. They are the exact same version that we already have. They just "hope" this batch of remotes won't have the problem. They also want me to send the old remote back to them so their engineers can test them in the lab. I said I won't do that until I've had time to test the new ones and find them to be better. 

tpr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sounds like Danny has been getting a lot of PMs with the info he requested. I PMed my info this morning. Not sure when I will get a response.

if Danny was able to fix your issue, how was it fixed? In the meantime, what can be done to mitigate the issue (other than removing the batteries every time we’re done using it)? We use it sparingly: ~20 mins per day.