Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arapheon
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

When mine was powered by the TV the battery would drain. When I moved the power for the Roku to a wall adapter, the remote battery drain stopped.

GrayWolf86
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I will try that. 

0 Kudos
jknipp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine was plugged into the USB port, switched to the wall adapter last night🤞it works.

0 Kudos
DanMI
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For the record, I own 2 Streaming Stick+ devices. One was purchased just this past November 2020:

Roku Streaming Stick+ Model 3810RW with Voice Remote Model 404

The second I purchased in August 2019:

Roku Streaming Stick+ Model 3810X with Voice Remote Model 339

One Roku is on our dining room TV, the other is on our family room TV. Both devices are running 9.4.0 build 4200-50. Both are powered through the TV’s USB port. Headphones are not used with either remote. Last Friday, exactly one week ago, I put new Energizer MAX batteries from the same package into both. They both receive about the same amount of use (maybe 2-3 hrs/day). 

Today, the older Streaming Stick+ with Voice Remote Model 339 has 96% battery life remaining. The new Streaming Stick+ with Voice Remote Model 404 has 39% battery life remaining.

I will try connecting the newer Roku to the wall to see if that makes any difference. I may also try the Voice Remote Model 339 on the newer Roku (if it will pair) to see if it begins fast draining batteries.

tpr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku is connected to a power strip, but the power strip is turned off 99% of the time. arapheon's message would completely explain my misery. Thank you!!!!

0 Kudos
tavosoft
Reel Rookie

Batteries for Roku Stick +?

Jump to solution
Hello friends, what kind of batteries and what brand are the best for the Roku Stick +? Which ones last longer?Can I use rechargeable  batteries or Energizer Ultimate ? Thanks friends for your answers.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Batteries for Roku Stick +?

Jump to solution

Are you talking about the remote? Most any battery will work. Lithiums will last longer, and also seem to be lighter than regular alkaline. It depends on how often you are using the remote, especially features like voice commands that can use up more battery.

0 Kudos
DaveMac120
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My ROKU is powered from the wall outlet.  Fresh batteries barely make it a week.  This is a bedroom TV that at most is on for 45 min a day.  Is my remote defective?  I have a ROKO TV in the living room been using it since Sept. with same set if batteries.  Please advise

Jump to solution

With a wall mounted TV, running the power to an outlet is neither easy nor convenient. Is there another solution forthcoming?  Batteries last about 1-2 weeks on an infrequently used Stick.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Stacee52

Jump to solution

I’m having the same challenges with my batteries. I have to change them about every 3-4 uses. What do I need to do? 

0 Kudos