Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tired-of-wifi
Reel Rookie

Re: How to UNPAIR a voice remote to disable Device Connect?

Jump to solution

Pressing Home+Back+Pairing does disable pairing on the remote.  It automatically re-enables when batteries are re-installed.   While the remote is in "unpaired" mode, I can still use my Sofabaton IR remote to control the Roku Ultra, but there is still no option to disable the Voice Remote or turn off Device Connect.   Very frustrating.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Frankly I had this working when I first got the Roku Ultra.   I suspect an upgrade changed the game.

0 Kudos
Sunfox
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The only way is (after a factory reset) to bypass the remote pairing screen with your IR remote. If your IR remote won’t let you do this, then it has the wrong IR codes - namely, the same codes that the WiFi remote has when it’s unpaired, which are designed to prevent you from “accidentally” not pairing your RF remote.

You need an original Roku IR remote or a third party remote with different codes.

tired-of-wifi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This obviously demonstrates Roku's total disregard for the health and safety of their customers.   Can anyone recommend alternate streaming devices?