Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScarletCelestia
Channel Surfer

Help! My Remote Isn't Working

Hello! I am having difficulties with my Roku which I have owned for around a year and had to factory reset in order to try and make the remote work.

So, my remote for the 3930 series is not working, this is after switching batteries, wiping the device to make sure the sensor was definitely visible, resetting the device and attempting using a spare remote (the other remote is the one that came with the device).

The light has been blinking, but not receiving input by the looks of things. I know that the app works as a remote, but the problem is that I am not connected to the WiFi in its new home yet, so cannot use the app currently. (This was why I had to factory reset, because it was my last ditch attempt at getting the remote to work).

Does anyone know what my issue may be and any way to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Help! My Remote Isn't Working

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @ScarletCelestia.

We're happy to assist you with the issues you've encountered with your Roku remote. Your decision to reach out for support is greatly appreciated.

Firstly, could you please tell us the specific Roku device this remote is connected to? Perhaps you can provide the serial number. Also, if you can still see the blinking lights when you press random buttons on your remote, we can try resetting it by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. 

After doing so, pair it again to see if this will make any difference.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ScarletCelestia
Channel Surfer

Hey! Seems I got the model wrong earlier on - it's actually the Express 4k 3940X and the remote is a Roku Simple Remote (and is the original that came with it). The SN is SO7U5138TXN1.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the quick response, @ScarletCelestia.

We appreciate you clarifying the correct details about your Roku device.

Just to confirm, have you tried resetting your remote? Does this help you utilize your remote again?

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ScarletCelestia
Channel Surfer

As my remote is a simple remote it only has IR (infrared) so no pairing button to reset, and holding the home/back buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds does nothing. The infrared is 100% working as I checked using my phone (phone cameras do pick up infrared light and the light was consistent on both remotes tried).

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for clarifying, @ScarletCelestia.

I will work with our Support team to provide you with further assistance. Please watch for a Private Message from me in your inbox, as I will need to gather additional details about this.

Your continuous patience and cooperation as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.