Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LG-13
Reel Rookie

Full Functions Except Power

Installed Roku 4K+ about 6 months ago.  Have Samsung Series 6 TV and Onkyo AV Receiver (TX-SR393).  Using Roku remote, the TV and AV receiver would power up, set TV to correct HDMI and offer control the volume/mute.  The remote would also power down all the devices.  Honestly, everything worked great!  However, the device updated recently and have now lost the ability to use the Roku remote for power on/off. I can manually turn on/off the AV receiver - which in turn, powers on/off the Roku.  I can manually power on/off the TV (it does not control the Roku power on/off).  Once all devices are powered on, the remote functions as expected for all of our viewing needs - including volume/mute.  The Roku remote will not power on the Roku device.  If I use the remote power button to shut everything down, I see the command reach the Roku device (flashing once of the light) but get no response - no powering off of any devices.  I have made no configuration changes to what was a functional set up prior to the update.  The Roku is connected to the AV receiver via HDMI.  The AV receiver is connected to the TV via HDMI.  I have re-paired the remote, checked CEC settings and unplugged all three devices overnight to attempt a hard reset.  I have thought about doing a factory reset of the Roku, but hoping there might be a less drastic option.  Suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Full Functions Except Power

Hi @LG-13,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and giving more details. Have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you do not see the Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LG-13
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your reply.  I opted to do a complete reset/refresh and this has resolved the issue.  Not sure why it had occurred but good to go for now!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @LG-13

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to hear that this issue has been fixed. If the issue reoccurs by any chance, feel free to reach out to us or keep us updated in this thread for us to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.