Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themillerzoo
Reel Rookie

Re: Free HDMI Extender offer problems

I've tried it both ways to no avail.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Free HDMI Extender offer problems

@themillerzoo

Thanks for the reply.

As previously mentioned by @RokuNimfa-C in this thread, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku stick. It can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jar52
Channel Surfer

HDMI Extender cable order form issue

I have tried numerous times to order the HDMI extender for my Roku Stick SN S0BY4230HS4N and the site continuously asks me to try again.  Is Roku fixing this issue.  This is my third Roku Stick and I need the HDMI extender cable.  Please Roku support, fix this for us.

0 Kudos

unable to order free extender cable - for streaming stick

Keep getting message:   - unable to send at this time - please try again - I've reviewed the existing posts and replies and used the page:  my.roku.com/HDMI

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: unable to order free extender cable - for streaming stick

If you can't get the HDMI extension order page to work, you're not alone.

There's nothing special about the Roku HDMI extender, it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI extension cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other. I use an HDMI extension cable several feet long to locate my Streaming Stick+ in an equipment closet on the other side of the wall from my TV.

You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally or at a non-Roku online vendor and avoid the frustration of dealing with Roku's order page.    Plus you'd get one faster than waiting for Roku to process your order and ship it to you.

Or use a female-to-female HDMI connector to connect your Roku Stick to a regular (non-extension) HDMI cord.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
jar52
Channel Surfer

Re: HDMI Extender cable order form issue

Thanks for the reply.  It would be nice if Roku Support would get this issue resolved.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @jar52

Thanks for the post.

Based on the information you provided above, your stick's serial number is X0170060HS4N. You can always verify your serial number in the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About

Keep us updated on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: unable to order free extender cable - for streaming stick

Hello @LagunaNiguel202

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

When inputting the serial number in the form, ensure to put zeros instead of the letter O. Please note as well that the numbers at the back of your Roku stick are referred to as the Device ID.  To know your device's exact serial number, navigate to Settings > System > About.

If still no luck, reply here with the serial number of your Roku stick for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jar52
Channel Surfer

Kariza, thank you for your response. I tried that number yesterday and received an error that it is an invalid SN. I just tried it again based on your response and receive the same error message. The back of the equipment shows the SN is S08Y4230HS4N. When I use that number I don’t get the invalid SN error, instead I get a message to try again later. What can I do next?  This is not what I expect from Roku. 

0 Kudos
draegoch
Reel Rookie

Re: Free HDMI Extender. I cannot fill the form. The page have problems

Hi,

First thanks and kudos to RokuNimfa C for his /her advice, which worked. Here's the message

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

The free HDMI extender for Roku Streaming Stick is still available. To claim a free HDMI extender, please ensure that you enter the serial number and not the device ID. Do you receive an error when trying to place an order? Did you put the serial number of the device on the form?

For reference, here is how you can find the serial number from the Setting menu, go to Settings > System > About > Serial Number. Lastly, make sure to use the number "zero" instead of the letter "O" when inputting your serial number into the form.

If you are still having any issues, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Regards,
Nimfa

I had the same problem but was inputting what I thought was the serial number, which was on the back of the stick. It turns out that Roku is calling this number the 'Device ID Number'. The serial number is different, as pointed out by Nimfa. I was able to complete the form and it was not rejected. A few minutes later I got a confirmation email saying that the cable will be shipped in three days.

However in speaking to a Roku rep some weeks prior I was told that the cable was no longer available so we will see if it shows up. I am hoping the cable comes with male and female connectors and is not the standard male-male HDMI cable, which won't work.

Best wishes - Draegoch

0 Kudos