Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nice3eleven
Reel Rookie

Re: Do all Roku’s drain remote batteries so fast?

i was able to have a chat session with them online and speak with a real person who helped me, i did not contact them through the forum. Apple sux.

0 Kudos
boozilla

I have a recently-purchased sound bar (bought in summer) and have consistently had the same problem with my remote.  I've needed to change the batteries a dozen times.   (By contrast, the batteries in my Roku stick lasted a very long time.).  My sound bar's serial number is YL006V834184.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mcobrien51 @Cioppatm @boozilla 

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
xarisx
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R  I am having the same issue with both of my roku remotes. How do I get help fixing them so I don’t have to change the batteries or hear a whining sound from the remote?

0 Kudos
DrinksFF
Reel Rookie

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial #: YH003G606502

Software: 10.0.0 build 4209-50

Batteries in remote dies within a week or 2 with limited usage, roku completely updated, strong and fast wifi, and streaming stick plugged directly to the wall. 

0 Kudos
Wolbachc
Binge Watcher

15CE855C-057E-4024-A2AE-1C9AC2034C89.jpeg

0 Kudos
Wolbachc
Binge Watcher

65592DBC-3CBA-4544-9167-EBED85FCBFBA.jpeg

0 Kudos
xarisx
Reel Rookie

Remote Issues - information included

I also need help with my remote. 

I'm having the same issue with both my Rokus. My first one started overheating and you all sent an extender then the remote also started eating batteries so I replaced it with my second Roku that I use in another room. Now that one is eating batteries and making a whining noise as well.

Model 3800RW, 3800X

Serial YF0010553656, YF006U162476

Software 10.0.0-4209-55

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Issues - information included

@xarisx

Thanks for post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along the information to our Support team who will assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
emfollin
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote Issues - information included

Hey Roku, I know you need specific information to handle warranty claims but from all the posts in here about continued problems even after receiving new remotes, you have a systemic problem. How about you actually research the issue and provide a solution for us to fix our own remotes?  I’m on my replacement remotes already and they still last weeks only with no headphone or voice use and maybe an hour or two of daily button pushing use. That’s unacceptable.  I’ve heard some believe it has to do with wifi channels. How about exploring that…

0 Kudos